Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Bought 3 Books and Won a Competition !! :D

Hi Guys!

Today is a mega day! So far it was all about good news :) - the books I ordered were delivered today and got to know that I won a competition as well!!!

The books I bought are:


"You’re The One That I Don’t Want'' by Alexandra Potter

"Thanks for the Memories" by Cecilia Ahern (How can you know someone you've never met?)

and,

Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger

  

Will be definately write something about them later on.

Moving on to the competition.... 

The competition I entered into was entitled: Movie Moment #27: Coco Before Chanel 
The idea was to create a look that portrays Coco before the launch of Chanel, and to get inspired from the movie 'Coco Before Chanel'. My interpretation of this movie and of Coco was the following:


Movie Moment #27: Coco Before Chanel
Jalda, Chanel, Chanel, Chanel, Chanel, Chanel





I was soooo ecstatic and over the moon for winning this competition. It's my very first win in the whole community and in this particular group as well. So you can imagine how happy I was when I got to know the result! Winning the competition does not entail in winning actual material objects but gaining the superb satisfaction that my creation was chosen out of all the looks submitted for this comptition - and let me tell you it was quite tough becuase there are people who are incredibly good at creating stuff like this. Apart from the satisfaction and the achievement I got to choose the next competition. 

My choice was Movie Moment #28: Gone with the Wind. ‘Gone with the Wind’ is an American classic. I remember watching this movie over and over again when I was a little girl. At that age I didn’t use to really bother with the story line but what used to strike me the most were the dresses in the movie, and they still do! Amazing! However, having grown up now I can say the story is quite intricate, narrating an epic tale of a woman's life during one of the most tumultuous periods in America's history.

I'm really hope people will enjoy creating looks for this movie and I really can’t wait to see their interpretations!!


Until the next post - take care and have a great weekend ! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment